Beginner Umpire Trial Day
Benefits for you
- having a go at umpiring before starting training to see if it is for you
- a start to your umpiring journey when you are truly ready, not when your name comes up on a waiting list
- experience of a trial process similar to that for paid casual employment in a supportive environment
- the opportunity for immediate feedback on how you can improve
Benefits for players, coaches and the wider community
- umpires beginning their training after having some practice, providing a safer environment for all
- umpires who are ready to take on the responsibility of officiating netball
If you would like to prepare for your trial, try doing the following:
- umpiring practice games at netball training
- Foundation Umpire Education Course (online via MyNetball)
- Rules of Netball Theory Exam (online via MyNetball)
or attending an Intro to Umpiring course run by Netball Victoria. Please note we do host this course for all new trainees before they begin umpiring at CDNA.
Adult Beginner Umpire Program
This program has finished for 2022, check back for updates on when the next program will be held or please contact email@example.com with any queries.
Experienced Umpires New to CDNA
With testing programs for C badge, opportunities to mentor new umpires and pas son your knowledge and B skills program to prepare our umpires to train for their B badge, there are lots of opportunities for experienced umpires to engage at CDNA.
If you are an experienced umpire who has completed beginner training elsewhere and looking for extra games, looking to get your C badge or are a badged umpire looking to bring your experience to a new environment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org